2019 Summit Positioned for Wide Impact of Knowledge Sharing Across Influential Global Businesses With Contributions From ManpowerGroup, Boeing, AIG, Microsoft, Infosys, 3M, Deutsche Telekom and More.
New York, NY – November 5, 2018 – The Ethisphere Institute, a global leader in defining and advancing the standards of ethical business practices, today announced that three influential Chief Executive Officers will be joining the faculty leadership as headline speakers during the 2019 Global Ethics Summit (“Summit”).
The Summit, which will be held March 13-14, 2019, at the Grand Hyatt in New York City, will feature the following distinguished speakers:
- Roger Krone, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Leidos
- Tamara Lundgren, President and Chief Executive Officer, Schnitzer Steel Industries
- Jonas Prising, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, ManpowerGroup
These additions are among the standout leadership joining a faculty of over 70 speakers from some of the most transformational companies around the world, with plans to address organizational character and ethical values across global stakeholders.
In an effort to build upon Ethisphere’s tradition of offering one of the most compelling platforms for leadership connectivity and diverse, pan-industry voices, Ethisphere also assembled the 2019 Global Ethics Summit Steering Committee, consisting of experts who have modeled an earnest commitment to raise the bar for global integrity.
Ethisphere’s Business Ethics Leadership Alliance (BELA) members have significant representation across this committee, given the BELA community’s history and reputation of seeking out a network of ethics and compliance executives committed to taking a lead on improving standards around the world.
These business leaders will be responsible for providing guidance in directing the tone and content at the 11th Annual Global Ethics Summit. The 2019 Steering Committee includes:
- Diana Sands, Senior Vice President, Office of Internal Governance and Administration, The Boeing Company
- Jeannine D’Amico Lemker, Assistant General Counsel, Office of Legal Compliance, Microsoft Corporation
- Alan Tse, Global Chief Legal Officer and Corporate Secretary, JLL
- Lucy Fato, Executive Vice President and General Counsel, AIG
- Mike Kolloway, Senior Vice President and General Counsel, Parsons Corporation
- Manuela Mackert, Chief Compliance Officer and Head of Group Compliance Management, Deutsche Telekom AG
- Veena Lakkundi, Vice President and Chief Compliance Officer, 3M
- Andrew Law, Chief Integrity Officer and Deputy General Counsel, ABB
- Veta Richardson, President and Chief Executive Officer, Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC)
- Inderpreet Sawhney, Group General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer, Infosys
- Robert Kent, Partner, Baker McKenzie
- Ritu Jain, Chief Compliance Officer, South Asia, GE
- Thomas Pfennig, Head of Compliance, Bayer AG
- Laurie Gallagher, Chief Compliance and Litigation Counsel, SABIC
- Ryan McConnell, Attorney, R. McConnell Group PLLC
The Global Ethics Summit is Ethisphere’s flagship event where CEOs, Board Members, Chief Legal Officers/General Counsels, Chief Ethics and Compliance Officers, and other business influencers representing a diverse set of experiences gather to share best practices in building ethical businesses and continuously improving corporate behavior.
“Running a great business also means contributing to society and committing to the highest ethical standards in every country in which we operate,” said Jonas Prising, Chairman and CEO, ManpowerGroup. “We know this is important to our employees, to our clients and to the millions of people we find meaningful work for every year. Our company was built on doing well by doing good and we’re committed to influencing positive change at events like the Global Ethics Summit. We look forward to sharing our best practices and learning from other businesses in New York next year.”
“I am delighted to serve on this year’s Steering Committee to help shape the 2019 Global Ethics Summit,” said Lucy Fato, Executive Vice President and General Counsel of AIG. “At a time when consumers, employees and investors are more cognizant than ever of best practices in corporate governance and ethics, social responsibility and leadership, it is a significant task to ensure that attendees of the Summit are provided with the opportunity to learn from their peers and experts in the field. The Summit is always a terrific event providing networking opportunities and a chance for many to re-connect. As a member of the Steering Committee, I look forward to continuing this great tradition.”
“There are incredible advancements taking place every day in the business ethics and compliance arena. As the global landscape continues to change, I’m proud that Microsoft can play a role with others in leading the charge and empowering people and organizations to achieve more,” said Jeannine D’Amico Lemker, Assistant General Counsel, Office of Legal Compliance, Microsoft Corporation. “Influenced by new generations of consumers, investors and individuals who greatly value corporate sustainability, integrity and transparency, companies are wise — if not required — to respond accordingly. The Global Ethics Summit provides an outstanding opportunity to bring people together from companies around the world to collaborate, share leading practices regarding ethics and compliance, sharpen skills and benefit from diverse ideas and perspectives.”
The combination of BELA contributors, drawing from a community of nearly 240 company members, and a dynamic mix of senior business and compliance influencers and decision makers affords the business community a unique opportunity for deep and trusted insight into the most prevalent matters impacting business behavior today.
“BELA was founded with the notion that companies, regardless of industry, face many common and often complex issues in some of the most challenging regions in the world,” said Kevin McCormack, Vice President, Global Thought Leadership, Ethisphere. “By bridging the divide that companies often encounter, BELA has been at the forefront, amplifying the very themes that leaders are either addressing internally throughout the company culture, externally with stakeholder perceptions and pressures or managing up through the C-suite and directors. At a time where the public has increasingly put their trust in the actions and voices of companies, our BELA community — and the entire Summit delegation for that matter — has created more actionable methods for improving corporate integrity.”
Now in its 11th year, the Summit is expected to bring together over 500 attendees from a diverse set of industries and will offer participants the opportunity to engage in candid and interactive sessions. Attendees will receive:
- Practical insights from some of the most respected company leaders in both plenary and breakout sessions
- Access to an important mix of information about topics including harassment/#MeToo, Board presentations, KPIs and compliance commercialization, cyber risk in the supply chain, and more
- Peer-to-peer workshops offering a closely held exchange of ideas and practices
- Expanded networking opportunities to connect with over 300 different distinct companies from the U.S., Europe, Asia and Latin America
Registration is now open for the 2019 Global Ethics Summit with special rates and codes available. To learn more and to register, visit https://globalethicssummit.ethisphere.com/. Follow the conversation on Twitter under #GlobalEthicsSummit19.
The recap of the 2018 Summit experience is available for download at https://insights.ethisphere.com/10th-annual-global-ethics-summit/.
More on the Business Ethics Leadership Alliance: http://bela.ethisphere.com.
The Ethisphere® Institute is the global leader in defining and advancing the standards of ethical business practices that fuel corporate character, marketplace trust and business success. Ethisphere has deep expertise in measuring and defining core ethics standards using data-driven insights that help companies enhance corporate character. Ethisphere honors superior achievement through its World’s Most Ethical Companies® recognition program, provides a community of industry experts with the Business Ethics Leadership Alliance (BELA) and showcases trends and best practices in ethics with Ethisphere Magazine. Ethisphere is also the leading provider of independent verification of corporate ethics and compliance programs that include Ethics Inside® Certification and Compliance Leader Verification™. More information about Ethisphere can be found at http://www.ethisphere.com.